Friday, March 20, 2009

MotoGP: Andrea Dovizioso #4

Andrea Dovizioso #4


Personal opinion: Had a pretty good season on 2008 in a satellite Honda team, with very memorable moments, such as the first race in Qatar where he managed to Pass Rossi on the last race and in the last race of 2008 in Valencia where he want head to head with 2006 world champion Nicky Hayden. And now that Dani is injured, Dovi will need to develop the bike and I personally hope he will do well this year

Dovi and Rossi
















From: http://www.andreadovizioso.com

I clearly remember when my father gave me my first bike as a present. It was the Malaguti machine that you can see in the photo. I found it outside the front door when I was four year old after betting with him. If I could ride my bicycle without the stabilisers, he would buy me a bike. I won the bet but I never expected such a beautiful surprise.

I still remember that moment as one of the biggest emotions in my life! My passion for the two wheels started then and when I was young I went and watched my Dad racing motocross every Sunday. I normally kept the timing for him and when he wasn’t riding, I was racing bicycles or mini-bikes challenging other children of my age.
At six years old, I had my first mini-bike and one year later I started racing both on circuits and dirt tracks. You can see on the photo below a mini-bikes race at Forlimpopoli, Italy - of course the little rider with the number 34 in the front of the GRC machine is me!
I have to say that it is also thanks to Antonio Gambarri, the owner of GRC, if I am a rider now. He is an extraordinary person and he helped me a lot when I was 11 and became an official rider. I want to thank him for all that he has done for me. I have ridden mini-cross bikes and mini-bikes until I was 14th years old. I also played football but I chose the track.
In 2000, I raced the Challenge Aprilia, my first championship on a 125cc machine. This was a major success for me as I got to ride a real bike. In 2001, I raced in the Italian Championship (and finished 4th) and I won the European Championship on a GP125. This success opened the door to the MotoGP World Championship, in which I have been racing since 2002 with a Honda bike for the team lead by Cirano Mularoni. 2004 has been a season full of incredible emotions. I clinched 5 victories and 11 podiums in total and at the end I conquered the 125cc World Title.
The following year, I moved up category and over three years I achieved 4 victories, ending up second in the championship twice and third once. These are fantastic results but I am not fully satisfied because my goal was to conquer the 250cc world title before moving to the MotoGP. However, in 2007 I have been very fast considering the lap times done on every single circuit and I am really pleased with that!
Now I am in MotoGP, the top class, where the fastest bikes of the world and the strongest riders ever compete. It is such an exciting challenge, I am so proud to be there... and I think its all started very well in Qatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment