Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Valentino Rossi # 46- part 3

Fun & Facts


Did you know that the Japanese rider 'Norifumi' Abe inspired Valentino Rossi to the nickname Rossifumi?

The nickname Valentinik is based on a Donald Duck story, where Donald became a superhero and was called papperinik. Valentinik is short for SUPER VALE..

As you probably have heard Valentinik had to go and save the world, so Valentino Rossi has chosen another nickname... Now he's: THE DOCTOR!

Valentino lives in London (Knightsbridge) where he has an apartment. Part of the year he will spent his time in Tavullia and Ibiza.

The people in Tavullia are so happy with Valentino that they decorated his hometown. Many buildings have murals in his honor. Also his fanclub, that his childhood friends are running, is based here.

The number 46 is special for Vale. This was the number that his father - Graziano Rossi - had when he was a GP winner.

There are plenty of Valentino Rossi websites on the internet, but there is only one official site. It is the site of his official fanclub. The address: www.fanclubvalentinorossi.com All the other sites are unofficial, or unauthorized. Same thing with the mailing groups or clubs online. There is no official group or club except for the Official Fanclub in Tavullia.




Quotes by Valentino


"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon. "

"I would have probably stolen cars - it would have given me the same adrenaline rush as racing."

"For me the tracks are not as important as the psychology"

"When I made the decision to move to Yamaha many people thought it was a stupid thing to do, even my father and Jeremy Burgess. But I was already committed and have never looked back since."

"I don't like Formula 1 very much. If you take away Schumacher, then maybe Jacques Villeneuve and Juan Pablo Montoya, they're all the same. The cars have so much technology the drivers don't have to do anything. Even if I win many races , I still have to fight and we have overtaking and excitment"

"I said to Max: 'What are you doing idiot?' And then there was some pushing and shoving. Then a security guard grabbed me and someone took Max"

"I try to have a different relationship with the bike. I don't give it a name, but I always speak with it. I don't know if the other riders do the same. This is not only a piece of metal - there is a soul. The bike talks back too. But not with a voice, with the components"

" All Honda are bastards "

"For sure there are good points, but there are very much worse points. When you go to dance in a nightclub, when you go with your friends to have a snack at McDonalds, people want to speak to you, take pictures. At first, I was very much friendly - too much. No I have learned to be a shit. To say no!"

"When I looked at my best lap time I thought it was like a symphony of violins - perfect, so I decided that if I won I would do this celebration across the finish line!"

"It's nice to have on or two girls chasing you, but when there's one thousand, it's not good!"

"125 racing was more like a game. 250 started to become serious and this is more serious, because this bike is dangerous...it's necessary every time to be quiet and respectful with the bike. Very respectful."

(About his turtle tattoo) "Because I like the animal a lot. I had it as a mascot from when I was very young."

"The Doc Rossi is born a night together with Drudi (designer author of the Rossi helmets), because in Italy there are thousands of Dr. Rossi. He is a crazy scientist that take the place of Valentinik that has worldwide troubles. He (Valentinik) is always busy op peace-keeping in the Universe he has a lot to do and he cannot come to the races no more..."

"Fear? Every time I crash. Very much. When crashing, every time - it's not a good sensation. Every time, the track is more hard. It hurts more."

"I had to become a motorcross rider at 220km/h and I can guarantee you that's not a nice experience on a 500. Then I went passed him and gave him a little wave - I was just nervous, it's the race you know?"

"I never liked him. Even as a kid seeing him on television, he never appealed to me. A good rider but not a good guy. We never talk and I don't understand why he started to put me down in the Italian press. He even said I became famous by speaking ill of him."

"I've had enough with this old story rider-bike. Honda is strong in breaking, me too. On breaking I pass them everywhere"

"Passing Biaggi on the last lap was like the best orgasm"

"To be Valentino Rossi - that is, Valentino Rossi the famous personality - means many positive things, many advantages, and also many privileges. But it also means paying a very high price for that same popularity."

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I also own a Yamaha motorbike but always respect the speed limit!"

I become racing Valentino from Friday morning. I try to stay my normal character - with jokes and laughter if possible - but in a race weekend I work always at 100% and try to use every minute to arrive stronger in the race. But I try not to become too serious."

"Anyone who spies on another is not a son of Mother Mary"

"Before I like Schwantz very much. He's my favourite rider of all time. Also Doriano Romboni. But mainly Kevin (and) ofcourse Mick. And also Wayne Rainey and Wayne Gardner. The true riders of 500"

Quotes About Valentino


"In my opinion Rossi is fantastic for MotoGP. The fans and motorcycle enthusiasts appreciate his skill and his outgoing personality has lifted the profile of the sport" - Mick Doohan

"Rossi is mentally strong and he never gives up" - Mick Doohan

" He is a magician. He's mesmerizing. ... he's the fastest man on two wheels. It's speed but it's also balance. ... Rossi has a sort of innate sense of balance that's beyond mortal man." - Brad Pitt

"It is always a great emotion to watch Valentino ride in that way." - Davide Brivio

"It seems Valentino can ride pretty much anything." - Colin Edwards

"He pulled out something like his 700th miracle and you can only take your hat off to a great champion." - Colin Edwards

"We are not talking about Valentino because he is on another planet after what he has done today." - Carlos Checa

" Valentino breaks other people's spirits by dominating practise and qualifying" - Randy Mamola

"To tell you the truth I think he's just been playing with the other guys, he's got them beaten even before they go out on the track" - Wayne Rainey

"I think there are other riders out there with the ability to compete with him but every time they come out of their shells he just beats them back in again" - Wayne Rainey

"Valentino is the kind of talent that comes along to any sport only once in a generation" - Giacomo Agostini

"I think the motivation Valentino has shown this year is a demonstration of his love for the sport" - Giacomo Agostini

"The quality of the opposition is strong but Valentino has something extra. Every race is a new adventure to him and he is excited to meet each challenge" - Giacomo Agostini

"He hasn't had terrible motorcycles to ride but everything he rides he wins on... everything. His PR, promotion and merchandising is head and shoulders above anything I would ever dreamt of having, plus he's Italian!" - Kenny Roberts Sr.

"This year Valentino has had everything covered, he hardly ever makes a mistake. In fact, throughout his career I've barely seen him make a mistake, certainly not off the track, and that helps him to stay focused on it" - Kenny Roberts Sr.

" Rossi is a natural born motorcycle racer, like Tiger Woods is a natural born golfer - Kenny Roberts Sr.

"From what I have seen this year Valentino is simply in another league to the other riders, he is very impressive" - Eddie Lawson

"The young riders all want to be the new Valentino, but Valentino is unique and nobody can be the same." - Frankie Chili

"Valentino Rossi... He's the guy who's setting the pace. He's the guy who's setting the standard." - Nicky Hayden

"I am not thinking about the championship. I'm expecting that to be between Valentino and Rossi." - Marco Melandri

"He is the show, he is MotoGP at the moment." - Shane Byrne

And as requested Rossi Vs Biaggi







2 comments:

  1. "I never liked him. Even as a kid seeing him on television, he never appealed to me. A good rider but not a good guy. We never talk and I don't understand why he started to put me down in the Italian press. He even said I became famous by speaking ill of him."
    Was that about Biaggi? Max isn't that much older than Vali.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as far as i understand, Max started racing before Rossi, and he was very famous by the time rossi started getting recognized.

    ReplyDelete